Sunday, October 19, 2014

My Perception of My Mentorship

I've always know that it takes a lot of work to run a school, but I never realized quite how much that workload is. Teachers are some of the hardest working people on the planet! Not only do teachers have the responsibility of educating future generations and preparing them to be contributors to society, but they also have grade (I've learned that there is always something that needs grading), sit through meetings, fill out paperwork, and deal with about 100 kids a day that are all going through puberty, all of this while having to be positive role models. Despite how difficult the job is, teachers are always trying to improve their trade. One way that they do that which surprised me was through high amounts of collaboration. The teachers at Chestatee Academy share tips and assignments, and they give advice to each other on ways to improve their teaching. The math teachers collaborate through a weekly meeting where each teacher discusses where they are at in the curriculum and plans for the current week.
I feel like I've been keeping up well with the work intensity that goes on in the school. However, I feel like I could improve and become a better inter by taking more initiative. A lot of times, I wait for Mrs. Brooksher to give me jobs to do. She is very busy, and it would help her and make me look impressive if I took responsibility and did tasks for her, like grading, on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment