Saturday, October 11, 2014

What I Have Learned So Far

I am learning a lot from my mentorship so far. Mrs. Brooksher is really educating me on how to be a teacher even more than she did last year. This year I'm getting to learn a lot more about grading. Mrs. Brooksher is always busy trying to balance her family, work, and other obligations, so she always has a lot to grade. I've been making her life a lot easier by being able to do some grading while she teaches. By doing that, I have also learned how Infinite Campus works and how teachers use it. I am actually enjoying grading (something I probably won't be saying a few years from now), and I enjoy helping out Mrs. Brooksher. However, there are some things about teaching that I realize are very boring. Teachers have meetings ALL THE TIME! Mrs. Brooksher has a 7th grade math department meeting every Tuesday and usually another type of meeting later on in the week. What makes the meetings boring is that some of them are the same meetings that the teachers have to sit through. They are interesting to me because I am learning more about teaching, but at the same time, I realize that the veteran teachers in the room have been in the same type of meeting at least over 5 times. However, meetings are very important to the education system and the rest of the job is worth having to sit through them. I'm really excited that I am getting to learn so much about my future career now before I even enter college. Chestatee Academy is really being a partner in my education.

No comments:

Post a Comment